Crockpot Cuban Pork Lettuce Wraps from PaleOMG
Crockpot Cuban Pork Lettuce Wraps
Let’s talk food. This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite paleo blogs. Ever. Period. Health-Bent is ridiculously awesome at creating amazing paleo recipes. And they are especially good at creating recipes that are based off of some of their favorite regular-people-recipes. Like a cuban sandwich. Health-Bent loves cuban sandwiches and they created this amazing recipe of a cuban pork tenderloin. It’s ridiculously amazing. I’ve made it. I know all. So I made my own little cuban type meal. It’s not as good as theirs, but I tried.
Enough about food. ENOUGH. Let’s talk about things that matter. Like how my kickball game got cancelled. What a damn shame. It was 80 degrees on Sunday and it is now really cold. Like snowy cold. It snowed. There is snow on the ground. I’m officially unhappy again. Not really, but I’m not loving it either. I need to be somewhere that it’s warm every day, all the time. My endorphins would be ecstatic. Ok, let’s be honest, I’m just unhappy I don’t get to check out dudes during kickball. Lamesauce.
OMG. I need to ask YOU a question. Yes, YOU. Well, you being the person who has purchased a PaleOMG shirt. Wait…you haven’t bought a PaleOMG shirt?!?! Are you high? They are like the coolest shirts known to man. They are stupid comfortable. I’m wearing the white tank top right now. No big deal. But I want to know, how are you liking the shirts?! Do you like the material? Do you like how they fit? Do you like the colors? And what about the headband? Do you like it?! AND, most importantly, what do you think of the shirt price, delivery speed, and customer service? I want to know it all. Lay it on me!
|Crockpot Cuban Pork Lettuce Wraps||
4.8 from 6 reviews
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed
- For the pork
- 2lb pork shoulder roast (or roast of your choice)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the slaw
- 1 head of purple cabbage, sliced to thickness preference
- 5-6 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 5-6 tablespoons yellow mustard (the kind you put on burgers, not the powder)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Crockpot time!! Add your pork ingredients to the crockpot, No perfect way to do this, I just recommend topping your pork off with the zest and spices, but whatevs!
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you are making the pork overnight, put together your slaw so it can sit in the refrigerator overnight and all the flavors can meld together. If not, just make it right before and it will still be delish!
- Add all your slaw ingredients into a large bowl, using as much mustard as suits your fancy.
- Once pork is done cooking, use tongs to shred that guy!!
- Place shredded pork and slaw in a leaf of butter lettuce and eat it up!
sorry my pictures suck ass balls. i took them on the floor with my butt in the air. i was really hungry. just go with it.