I am obsessed with all things parsnip right now. So, I am trying these tonight. Sounds almost like a good breakfast to me!
- 6-8 parsnips, peeled and chopped.
- 2 tbsp of butter plus 1 tablespoon for later step.
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel parsnips with a vegetable peeler, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Place chopped parsnips into the skillet, and stir frequently to ensure all are cooking evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic, and cinnamon, and continue to stir until all are coated evenly.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter if needed to mobilize the spices.
- Saute on medium heat until parsnips are slightly browned on the outside and soft through the middle, about 20 minutes depending on thickness of parsnips.