Sugar free eating…for vegans (five fresh recipes) | Sarah Wilson
I adore these gooey, spiced sweet potato and cacao power balls. They are a perfect snack after exercise or whenever you feel like a little extra energy!
- 450g cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 heaped tablespoons almond butter (made with 1/2 cup raw almonds, recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pure, raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground licorice
- virgin coconut oil, for rolling
- unsweetened desiccated coconut, for rolling (optional)
Combine the sweet potato, almond butter and chia seeds in a bowl.
Mix together the cacao and the spices and stir into the mixture. You should have a gooey, sticky mixture. Rub your hands lightly with coconut oil and roll the dough into about 10 balls.
Chill the balls in the fridge (20-30 minutes), then roll the balls in desiccated coconut before serving. These will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
If you’re interested in doing a 21 day sugar-free vegan challenge, check Maria’s blog here for more recipes, meal plans, tips and shopping lists. Whatta you think? Enough to turn you??